EVOLUTION IN FASTENING TECHNOLOGY
Evolved from over 30 years of electric fastening experience, FEC’s latest system, the AFC3000, provides our smallest and fastest nutrunner tools to date. Additionally, the marriage of the multi controller function into each spindle controller eliminates the need for a “Multi Unit” and allows the flexibility of each controller to be setup as a “Master” or “Slave”. All that power in a smaller package.
- High speed, single cable nutrunner tools up to 3000rpm allow reduced cycle time for robot or flexing applications
- 'On the Fly' parameter selection allows multiple models to be run using different target torque/angle set points
- Internally controlled spindle sequencing provides fast and simple setup for complicated spindle sequencing and reject retry strategies
- Embedded multi-function into single unit - configurable as Master or Slave unit
- 'No Cost' AFC3000 software allows easy setup/monitoring
- Up to 32 selectable sequences/parameters
- Fieldbus interfaces available for I/O connection and data messaging (Ethernet I/P, Devicenet, Profibus, CC Link, etc.)
- Permanent Magnet motor/resolver provides accurate control of both torque and angle
- Optional Overshoot Damper (Pat. Pend.) reduces overshoot in high speed applications
- Intelligent Tool ID ensures proper tool and accuracy
4. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY
- Reduces energy, noise, heat, and space requirements, as well as maintenance over nonelectric systems
- Low energy consumption due to digital motor control
- Small, compact size saves plant floor space and weighs less
FULLY AUTOMATIC FASTENING
Fully automatic multi-spindle fastening systems can be configured for fixed or flexible spindle requirements. The use of our various fieldbus interfaces reduces field wiring to the station PLC while providing easy integration into the assembly line. A variety of data collection options are available.
Semi-automatic fastening allows manual loading and unloading of parts while the assembly operation is completed automatically. One master controller provides total sequencing function internally to the fastening systems for up to 32 spindles. The need for time consuming and complicated PLC programming to sequence the spindles is eliminated.
MANUALLY OPERATED FASTENING
Manually operated single or multi-spindle fastening systems, which can be suspended from Ergo Arms or spring balancers, are able to be configured for fixed or flexible spindle requirements. Spindle positioning can be done automatically or manually.